Because of you we celebrated our tenth anniversary in August and have continued to make an impact on the lives of children with cancer.
We returned to the Charlotte Ballet for a second year and screened 18 films by filmmakers from North and South Carolina over three nights. Expanding to three nights, Thursday became our Cultural Arts Evening with the students from Arts+ providing live music.
In these past ten years, together we have made an impact on the lives of children and adolescents battling cancer. Here’s how:
Joedance Internship Program:
- Introduced Healios, a mouthwash that lessens the severity of mouth sores keeping children healthier during their treatment. This is part of every pediatric cancer patient’s protocol for free.
- Collected data on the “Backpack Program” allowing patients to continue their treatments at home rather than having long hospital stays. This is being prepared for publication.
- Interviewed patients and caregivers on the benefits of integrative medicine (such as acupuncture, Reiki, and art therapy). This data will be used for the new Supportive Medicine Department headed by Dr. Jennifer Pope at Levine Children’s.
- Funding the salary of the Research Technician at the Pediatric Cancer Research Lab in 2019.
- Helped fund a clinical trial for recurrent osteosarcoma, authored by Dr. Javier Oesterheld, Specialty Medical Director at Levine Children’s.
We remain grateful for your support and all you have done to help us keep our promise to Joe to find cures and to support children and families with cancer.
Joedance Film Festival
301 W 10th Street #407
Charlotte, NC 28202